Moodle being an online learning platform can be used for teaching different streams and subjects. However, teaching the computer programming will remain an important aspect of online learning.
If you have ever thought of teaching programming in Moodle, then you might have heard about VPL activity plugin which stands for Virtual Programming Lab whose salient features are:
* Enable to edit the programs source code in the browser
* Students can run interactively programs in the browser
* You can run tests to review the programs.
* Allows searching for similarity between files.
* Allows setting editing restrictions and avoiding external text pasting.
Aldo Von Wangenheim, the Associate Professor at the Federal University of Santa Catarina – UFSC has written a book Titled “Developing Programming Courses With Moodle And VPL“ for people who teach programming based on their experience with Moodle/VPL in Computer Sciences and Engineering courses at UFSC. The book is a step by step guide for novice teachers wanting to start using VPL in their course along with a detailed report, describing experiences that anyone can reproduce, showing all the possibilities that VPL can offer in conjunction with Moodle.
To grab your copy of the book, please check out this link.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.moodleworld.com