Last week, my business partner and I had the opportunity to attend #Destination Digital
Facilitated by Neil Perkin, the event had an outstanding line up of speakers, including inspirational leaders and stories from:
- Manchester Growth Company
- Business Growth Hub
There was a packed schedule of presentations, exhibitions and workshops with:
- Keynote speakers taking about their own digital journey and why we need to become Digital Wigan
- Interactive workshops with leaders in education, health and the public sector
- Networking opportunities with those who can collaborate, help or influence
- Practical advice for your business, profession or community.
This was a fantastic event. I found it hugely inspiring to see such forward thinking in the Borough of Wigan, pushed forward by Councillor Terry Halliwell and Councillor Molyneux Deputy Leader.
The future definitely looks brighter for Wigan; an area once famous for its Dark Satanic Mills and Uncle Joes Mint Balls could in the very near future be a hub of the next “Google”. A clear message from the event was the vital role our businesses, schools and communities play in making sure everyone young and old has the Digital Skills required for the 21st Century.